Tuesday 25 June 2013

Under the spotlight with... Billy Bricknell!

Bricknell and Peter Varney
Last week I caught up with Craig Stone who has made his switch from Ebbsfleet United to Dover Athletic.This week I managed to speak with somebody who has gone in the opposite direction; striker Billy Bricknell! After partying in Vegas, Billy took the time out to answer some questions I had for him.








What was your first footballing memory?

Playing football in the garden with my dad.

You're the manager of a 5-a-side Football team and you have to choose one player from each of the top five (English) League's. Who do you pick?



Aaron O'connor - Newport County (Conference)
Jaques Maghoma - Burton Albion (League Two)
Wes Foderingham – Swindon (League One)
Dwight Gayle – Peterborough (Championship)
Wayne Rooney – Manchester United (Premiership)

All based on last season's League structure...


Favourite: Food, Artist/Band, Holiday destination and Sport other than Football?

Food - Nandos
Artist - Drake / Lil Wayne
Holiday - Las Vegas
Sport - Just Football!

Who are your best mates in Football?

Ricky Modeste , Daryl McMahon, Danny Webb.. speak to them most days!

You've hit double figures in the last two seasons, are you confident of reaching that again this coming season?

100% yes!

Who is the biggest influence in your life?

Dad. Always made sure I had a football at my feet.

What do you do outside of Football?

Spend time with the missus, family and friends.

You've spent the last two seasons at Dover Athletic. How do you look back on your time there, and what's your opinion on the Club?

I had a good first season there and the second one started quite well up until the change of management...
Overall I'd say the club is a good club, and I met some great people in my time there and I wish them all the best.

What is the most memorable goal you've scored?

I like all the goals I score but if one sticks out it was pre season playing for Leyton FC... I scored a 35 yard volley and it stuck in the top corner!

What attracted you to Ebbsfleet United?

Steve Brown and the ambition he and the club showed me, it was a no brainer!

What are your personal aims for the coming season, and what do you think the Club should be aiming for? What do you think would constitute as a 'good season' for the Fleet?

Personal - Top goal scorer
Team - Promotion

What is the best advice you've received in your career?

Always put it in and work hard - dad!

What are you most looking forward to next season?

Scoring goals , winning games , playing in front of a big crowd and getting promoted


Who are some of the best players you have played with and against?

With - Gary Hooper
Against - Theo Walcott



What is the best match you've played in?

Tough one.. I couldn't call it.

If you wasn't playing Football, what would you be doing?

Another tough one... I really don't know!

Do you have any regrets in your career so far?


Maybe taking opportunities I was given when I was 19/20

No comments:

Post a Comment